A very busy week when it comes to the chart thanks to the weather calming down and also 2 of the biggest films of the year being released in the same week, with this in mind it will come as no surprise that last week’s number 1 Men in Black 3 couldn’t hold on to the top spot for more than a week.
4 new films graced this week’s chart, first of is a surprise entry at number 9 in the form of the Ken Loach drama The Angel’s Shame, doing better, despite it being panned by critics, is Top Cat which forced its way into the number 7 spot. The second highest new entry went to Snow White and the Huntsman that went into the number 2 spot despite it having 2 extra days on the number 1 film- which will come as no surprise to anybody – is Prometheus.
10. Moonrise Kingdom – £210.804 – £724.870
9. The Angels Share – (NE) – £256.446
8. American Pie: The Reunion – £267.682 – £16.396.461
7. Top Cat – (NE) – £457.287
6. What to Expect When you’re Expecting – £633.935 – £1.983.332
5. The Dictator – £754.068 – £9.251.635
4. Avengers Assemble – £847.598 – £48.367.585
3. Men in Black3 – £3.032.053 – £7.958.460
2. Snow White and the Huntsman – (NE) – £3.589.027
1. Prometheus – (NE) – £6.236.580
New Releases – A lot of films are out this weeks so i will quickly go through them, first off is the drama from George Lucas, Red Tails, then we have horror film The Pact, next up is extreme drama from Plan B in the form of Ill Manors, Will Farrell is back in Spanish comedy Casa De Mi Padre, Simon Pegg goes it alone as he has A Fantastic Fear of Everything and finally Ti West’s latest film The Innkeepers finally get’s its UK release however in limited form.