This is just too…ah…precious. In the coming of Lego purchasing the rights to practically everything, a Tolkien-themed brick game outing was an obligatory step toward making our wallets weep with poverty. So details include:
- Explore all of the open-world of Middle-earth and experience epic battles with Orcs, Uruk-hai, the Balrog, the Witch-king, and other fearsome creatures.
- Wield the power of the Palantír or Seeing-stone (‘one that looks far-away’), and jump between multiple storylines.
- Experience the LEGO The Lord of the Rings heroes come to life in an all new way, as they deliver the dialogue from the films.
- Collect, combine and forge new items in the Blacksmith Shop using Mithril, the most precious metal in Middle-earth.
- Discover and unlock over more than 60 playable characters, including Frodo, Aragorn, Gandalf, and many others.
- Collect and use a variety of weaponry and magical items, including the Light of Earendil, Elven rope, swords, and bows.
- Play with family and friends with easy access drop-in, drop-out gameplay option.
This will encompass the richly immersing universe of the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy, yet the trailer does raise one questions: what about The Hobbit? Will that be the follow up gaming installments and if so, will Lego follow suit and do their typical combo all-in-one game later on? Only time will tell, but one thing is clear…it will definitely have a cave troll.