To say that it’s a strange week when it comes to the top 10 is a bit of a understatement, however one thing that has remained normal is that The Dark Knight Rises has managed to hold on to the top spot for a second week.
Three new films found their way into the top 10 and one very surprising entry, first off going in at number 9 is bollywood film Carry on Jatta (not the next carry on film), the next new entry went to documentary Searching for Sugar Man, however it was Dr Seuss’ The Lorax that was the highest new entry going straight into the number 2 spot. One other film managed to make a surprise re-entry in at the number 8 spot and that’s Pirates! In An Adventure With Scientists.
10. Men In Black 3 – £34.497 – £21.839.375
9. Carry on Jatta – (NE) – £36.760
8. Pirates! In Adventure With Scientists – £44.389 – £16.446.344
7. Searching for Sugar Man – (NE) – £68.857
6. Five-Year Engagement – £35.134 – £4.865.174
5. Magic Mike – £536.749 – £6.697.323
4. Amazing Spider-Man – £686.952 – £23.816.960
3. Ice Age 4: Continental Drift – £1.544.322 – £21.222.522
2. Dr Seuss’ The Lorax – (NE) – £1.853.294
1. The Dark Knight Rises – £7.275.558 – £30.551.765
New Releases – only a couple of films to choose from this week and one of them is only released in Scotland. First off, if you live in Scotland then you can see the latest Pixar animated film Brave 10 days before anybody else, your next choice is the third in the Dairy of a Wimpy Kid series and this time he is suffering from Dog Days, however the biggest film of the week is the Seth MacFarlane comedy Ted.