Last week’s number one, Brave, has finally been knocked off the top spot after spending two weeks perched on high, it has been replaced with one of this week’s new entries.
Three new films broke their way into this week’s top 10, first off, going in at number five and trying to scare people, was supernatural horror film The Possession. This week’s second highest new entry went to The Watch which went in at number two despite it having at least two extra days of takings over the number one film. Speaking of the number one film, the highest new entry went to the latest film to be remade in the form of Total Recall.
10. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days – £287.969 – £7.086.728
9. Keith Lemon: The Film – £370.735 – £2.531.902
8. The Expendables 2 – £376.319 – £5.546.276
7. The Bourne Legacy – £714.020 – £9.895.086
6. Dark Knight Rises – £759.838 – £54.535.548
5. The Possession – (NE) – £979.192
4. Ted – £990.842 – £28.122.651
3. Brave – £1.604.163 – £17.940.622
2. The Watch – (NE) – £2.235.933
1. Total Recall – (NE) – £2.493.230
New Releases: With the children back at school, this week’s batch of new entries have a very adult theme to them, first off is the prohibition drama/thriller starring Tom Hardy, Lawless. Your next film of choice is a comedy film starring one of our favourite comedians Adam Sandler (only joking) in That’s My Boy. Your next film choice is another version of Anna Karenina, this time starring Keira Knightley, the biggest release of the week though is the return of the Judge in Dredd 3D.