It’s so nice too see that the UK box office can throw up a few surprises and this week’s chart has not disappointed as not only is there a new number one, knocking last week’s chart topper film The Dark Knight Rises off the top spot, but another film has made a surprise re-entry into the chart.
When it comes too new entries in the chart there is two proper new entries in the chart, first off is Dairy of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days which went into the number 3 spot, However it was Ted that surprised us by not only going in at number on, knocking the Dark Knight off his perch, but by also taking a huge £9.3 million.
There was another new entry of sorts which is Brave as it hit the number 6, despite it only being shown in Scotland and Ireland. Their was an extremely surprising re-entry into the chart for Mirror Mirror which went back into the number nine spot, 18 weeks after it’s initial release.
10. Searching for Sugar Man – £42.416 – £163.857
9. Mirror Mirror – £60.769 – £7.578.055
8. Magic Mike – £288.189 – £7.638.076
7. Amazing Spider-man – £392.715 – £24.937.213
6. Brave – (NE) – £820.084 (Scotland/Ireland only)
5. Dr Seuss’ The Lorax – £856.003 – £4.648.423
4. Ice Age 4: Continental Drift – £1.213.388 – £24.671.603
3. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days – (NE) – £1.537.178
2. The Dark Knight Rises – £4.290.605 – £40.846.913
1. Ted – (NE) – £9.330.700
New Releases – A bit of a weird week for new releases, only one film of note is out on Friday and that’s the 4th in the Street dance series, this time it’s Street Dance: Miami Heat, your next new film of choice is not out until the Monday and it’s another 4th in the series, this time it’s The Bourne Legacy, your final choice is a new release in England, Northern Ireland and Wales with Pixar’s Brave that has already seen itself thrown into the Scotland and Ireland box office.