So last week’s number one After Earth could only hold on to the top spot for one week thanks to the only new film to enter this week’s chart.
Before I reveal this week’s new number one, a couple of films have done something a bit rare when it comes to the chart. Firstly, Bollywood film Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani found its way back into the top ten thanks to it not having any competition from any small films. The other interesting thing about this week’s top ten is that two films managed to make more this week than they did last week, Epic made £200,000 more this week and Behind the Candelabra not only managed to take in more money in its second weekend but it also found its way up the chart to number five after entering in at number eight last week.
The only new film to enter this week’s chart was Man of Steel which went straight into the number one spot, taking more than £10 million.
New Releases - A lot of new films will be trying to make a splash in next week’s chart, on offer is zombie apocalypse movie World War Z, comedy spoof film A Haunted House, action thriller Snitch, British horror film The Seasoning House and thriller Black Rock.
10. Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani – £85,505 – £958,471
9. The Purge – £340,716 – £3,087,498
8. Star Trek Into Darkness – £410,016 – £25,237,585
7. The Great Gatsby – £433,188 – £14,724,537
6. Fast and Furious 6 – £592,553 – £24,434,159
5. Behind the Candelabra – £622,144 – £1,640,000
4. Epic 3D – £852,831 – £12,284,692
3. Hangover Part 3 – £861,554 – £17,975,953
2. After Earth – £1,231,671 – £4,776,087
1. Man of Steel – (NE) – £11,198,786