Rise of the Guardians was in a really happy mood last week after knocking Skyfall off the top spot, however this week its happy mood has come to a end as it has been knocked off the top spot.
Two new films entered this week’s chart, first off going in at the number five spot was children’s animated film Tinker Bell and the Secret of the Wings. This week’s highest new entry went to the Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, which went straight into the number ome spot taking just over £11.5 million, it’s not all good news for the film as it is the second lowest takings for a film directed by Peter Jackson and based on the Tolkin storie
10. Great Expectations – £100.137 – £1.730.92
9. Argo – £108.384 – £5.153.26
8. Silver Linings Playbook – £231.714 – £4.104.632
7. Seven Psychopaths – £452.293 – £2.133.94
6. Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 – £509.872 – £34.420.07
5. Tinker Bell and the Secret of the Wings – (NE) – £528.82
4. Skyfall – £809.406 – £97.897.40
3. Nativity 2: Danger in the Manger – £938.309 – £5.582.22
2. Rise of the Guardians – £1.250.469 – £5.713.66
1. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey – (NE) – £11.601.538
New Releases – This is the last top ten chart that I will be posting this year, however that doesn’t mean that there is no films for you too choose from over the next few weeks. First off you have two big films released on the 20th and 21st. On the 20th there is Life of Pi and on the 21st you have comedy film Pitch Perfect. Fast forward to the 26th and you have action thriller Jack Reacher starring Tom Cruise and comedy horror film Grabbers. Finally, released on New Years Day is disaster drama The Impossible.