This week’s top ten couldn’t be any stranger as not only has Skyfall been knocked off the top spot but Bollywood has taken over the chart with three films finding a spot.
Five new films graced this week’s chart with three of them being Bollywood films, so taking over the number ten, eight and four spots respectfully were Thuppaki, Son of Sardaar and Jab Tak Hai Jaan. The other new entries is this week’s chart went to Paul Thomas Anderson’s latest film The Master and the latest and final (we hope – ed) in the Twilight series with Breaking Dawn Part 2 which went straight into the number one spot.
10. Thuppaki – (NE) – £134.280
9. Taken 2 – £136.495 – £23.335.974
8. Son of Sardaar – (NE) – £214.296
7. Hotel Transylvania – £233.959 – £7.580.744
6. The Master – (NE) – £372.360
5. Argo – £807.457 – £2.828.888
4. Jab Tak Hai Jaan – (NE) – £893.953
3. Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted – £966.116 – £20.631.608
2. Skyfall – £5.566.537 – £82.836.559
1. Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 – (NE) – £15.850.825
New Releases: A bit of an interesting mix of films on offer this week. First off, your choice if you want to take your children to the cinema to see something new then you have Nativity 2: Danger in the Manger, your next film of choice is drama thriller End of Watch starring Jake Gyllenhaal. If you want to take your partner to see something new then the film of choice for you is Silver Lining Playbook. Your final film of choice this week is quirky comedy film Gambit.