Sid Meiers Civilization V is a PC game of the strategy genre. It is not real time, you take turns. Think of it like Catan but wars and historical figures. The game has been out for roughly two years and it is now getting a rather large expansion known as, “Gods and Kings”. The expansion will greatly increase the replay value and more likely add a lot more achievements. Here is the full rundown of everything that will be in the 30 dollar expansion.
Changes and Additions:
- New technologies
- New Civilizations (Mayans, Celts, Carthage, Netherlands as examples)
- New leaders for new civilizations
- 27 New Units
- 13 New Buildings
- 9 New Wonders (Neuschwanstein, the Great Mosque of Djenne, the Terracotta Army, the Great Firewall, and the Hubble Space Telescope)
- New Units and Buildings for Modders (In Scenarios)
- Religion (Instead of everything being culture)
- Espionage/Enhanced Diplomacy
- New City-City States (Merchantile and Religious)
- World Domination (Revamped combat and better AI)
- Naval Combat Changes (Two groups Ranged and Melee)
- New Scenarios (Medival, Fall of Rome, Empires of the Smokey Skies [it is a Steampunk scenario])
On paper, these do not look like much. when you play the game, it will be so large, you will find 100 more hours to sink into this title. Look out for Civilization V: Gods and Kings on Steam for 30 USD. Release is June 19th.