Calling all fans of the Fist Of The Northstar game franchise, Tecmo has given a release date for the follow up to their 2010 smash Ken’s Rage. Fist Of The Northstar: Ken’s Rage 2 will be hitting stores on February 1, 2013. Though they didn’t get too original for the forthcoming’s sequel title, they did add some new features and game modes.
1. Legend mode, follows the storyline of the entire manga, starting with a re-imagined version of ‘Raoh’ and covering ‘Celestial Emperor’ and ‘Land of Shura’. This faithful adaptation ensures that this mode can be enjoyed by both fans of the manga and new comers to Kenshiro’s post-apocalyptic world. Different characters will be controlled for each episode while ‘boss’ encounters will feature entire famous scenes from the manga, recreated in intricate detail.
2. Over 20 playable characters will be available, including Falco, Shachi, Shew and Juza.
3. Dynamic new moves. The destructive power of the techniques of Hokuto Shinken and Nanto Seiken meet the intense action of the Warriors series to produce a thrilling experience. In addition to the signature moves of the first title, new actions such as ‘sprint’ and ‘dodge’ have been added to the move sets.
4. Dream Mode introduces new, original storylines to the Fist of the North Star Universe while bridging the gaps between parts of the main story, often focusing on some of the series’ minor characters.
5. Online Co-Op and Versus play. For the first time, Dream Mode will be playable in co-op or versus play via the internet.
In addition, a variety of character costumes, and stages will be available as downloadable content. For those of you looking to get in on the action for your Wii U, that version is still in development and will receive a release date at a later time.