Another comic book convention has come and gone, but C2E2 didn’t go without some big reveals, huge surprises, and saw jaw dropping moments for those who knew certain people that were mentioned. All in all? A great trip.
In case you missed all our Twitter and FB posts from the weekend, here is a quick little wrap-up about some of the big announcements from the weekend.
– Batman Eternal is already 2/3 of the way written. Both Scott Snyder and James Tyvion IV said that what we’ve seen is only the “warning shot”. Also, the preview we saw back in Batman 28, with Catwoman being the Kingpin of crime and Spoiler finally appearing? That’s roughly issue number 35-36. It apparently will kick off the final arc of the series.
– Batman: Zero Year will feature Batman, Gordon, and Lucius Fox trying to stop the Riddler. Oh, and Batman is going to fight a lion. No seriously.
– Harley Quinn #7 will feature the return of Poison Ivy. Also, Harley is getting her own special SDCC issue, where Harley literally goes to SDCC and chaos ensues. The last 7 pages are apparently going to be so weird/wrong that Jimmy Palmiotti hasn’t made them yet! He wants to sneak them in!
– Gail Simone revealed that the upcoming issues of Batgirl (#32-34 to be specific) will feature some plot threads that’s she’s been asking for since the New 52 began! Also, Batgirl Annual #2 will be heavily focused on both Batgirl and Poison Ivy, and maybe not in the way you think!
– A Poison Ivy solo series? “Never say never”. Gail Simone writing a SHAZAM! solo series? She wants to! Been asking for it for 8 years!
– Someone else was bitten by the spider that gave Peter his powers. Her name is Silk, and she’ll be revealed in a tie-in to Original Sin.
– Daredevils’ “Sin” will change his life forever, literally. Ben Grimm is set to become a murderer following the events of Original Sin.
– For the X-Men, the upcoming Original Sin storyline “The Last Will and Testament of Charles Xavier” will reveal a “Sin” so dark, so powerful, it took Brian Michael Bendis a week to make sure it was “big enough” to be put into a story.
– A BIG reveal at the Original Sin panel was the reveal that new Marvel Character (and former Image character) Angela is actually the daughter of Odin! Which makes her siblings with Thor and Loki. She’ll be revealed in the “Tenth Realm” storyline during Original Sin. This “Sin” will rock Asgard to its core.
– There will apparently be a “special” Batman announcement coming this week. Apparently it will be about the upcoming “Batman Day”. Any guesses?
– A Robin WILL return to Batman’s side by the end of the December guaranteed! Who is it? Nobody but DC knows!
– Oh, apparently Batman only eats Justice (answer to a fan-question)
– Scott Snyder was asked about the return of Renee Montoya and Hush, and said that they will come back, but they need to be brought back in the right way. Montoya was going to be in Batman Eternal as just another cop, but the writers felt that wasn’t good enough for her. Any and all “not present” characters need a good storyline to bring them back. Oh, and Renee Montoya WILL be in the Gotham TV Series.
– The Joker WILL be back! And this time, he’ll be ticked. Snyder talked for minutes on this, saying it’s the second half to the “Death of the Family” storyline. When’s it coming? It’ll be awhile…
– Stan Lee said Chicago is the best city!
– He also will be in Guardians of the Galaxy, he’s already shot his cameo! He started to give details but “the man” made him stop. No seriously, there was a guy about to come on stage!
– Storm is getting her very own series! Written by Greg Pak and drawn by Victor Ibanez
– Another new series will feature Guardian of the Galaxy Star-Lord, the second of the team to get his own series after Rocket Raccoon.
– Wolverine is going to die. Seriously. For real. IT WILL HAPPEN!….maybe.
– A new event was teased for this fall. Called “Axis” what’s interesting was that the “A” was the Avengers symbol, and the “X” was the X-Men symbol. What more could Marvel have planned for us after the earth-shattering events of Avengers vs. X-Men? We’ll find out soon!
And there you go! A successful con, in the books. What’s your favorite announcement? Let us know if the comments below!