nerd radio

Tune in live Thursday from 9pm est

Attack the Block director Joe Cornish to direct Star Trek 3?

November 2nd, 2013 by Edwin Torres Jr Comments

Ever since J.J. Abrams has gone off to a galaxy far, far away, Paramount is in need of a director for Star Trek 3. Although reportedly Abrams will still produce the film.

According to Deadline, Paramount is considering Attack the Block director Joe Cornish to take the helm.

Though Attack the Block is the only directing credit under Cornish’s belt, he has previously penned a few screenplays including Marvel’s upcoming Ant-Man and The Adventures of Tintin.

Writers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci will be returning to write the third film in the series. Zachary Quinto previously said Star Trek 3 is scheduled to begin filming in 2014, but he also said Abrams was directing it. One out of two ain’t bad.

Deadline also confirms that Paramount is readying the movie to shoot in the summer of 2014.

Officially no release date has been announced, but it’s more than likely that the next film will take advantage of Star Trek’s 50th anniversary in 2016.

What do think of the choice?

Source: Deadline


Let us know your thoughts below, @NerdFollowing on Twitter or on Facebook

Born and raised in NY, a self titled Nerd Jedi. He met his destiny at 5, with the snap-hiss of Luke's lightsaber in Star Wars. He's never looked back. He wields dual lightsabers, called Common Sense and Humor, and uses them in pursuit of all things Nerd. A husband and father, he still finds time for comics, video games, movies, and shows. You can follow his blog at or his Twitter @ed_pool

Proudly Powered By WordPress