The last quarter of 2012 proved that people still want to go to the cinema with record breaking takings, and it looks like 2013 has gotten off with a big bang thanks to the top two films going toe to toe with each other.
The first chart of 2013 kicks off with two new entries, first off going in at number four was a surprise entry for Quartet. The biggest new release of the week though went to The Impossible which went straight into the number two spot scaring The Hobbit by only just falling short of its takings.
10. Tinker Bell and the Legend of the Wings – £516.952 – £3.375.684
9. Skyfall – £541.401 – £101.572.493
8. Rise of the Guardians – £725.281 – £11.247.265
7. Parental Guidence – £884.319 – £3.371.022
6. Pitch Perfect – £917.135 – £4.928.013
5. Jack Reacher – £1.682.561 – £7.160.319
4. Quartet – (NE) – £2.294.917
3. Life of Pi – £3.353.579 – £17.857.428
2. The Impossible – (NE) – £4.034.470
1. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey – £4.075.781 – £44.870.320
New Releases – bit of a big week when it comes to new films as there are there very biggies out and one small horror film that has people talking. First off, the small horror film is American Mary directed by the Soska sisters. On to the big releases, your first choice is the big screen adaptation of Les Misrables, next up is the delayed gangster drama Gangster Squad. Your last film choice of the week is 3D horror film Texas Chainsaw 3D.