It has finally happened! Les Miserables reign as the king on top of the box office chart has come to and end thanks to one of this week’s new entries.
Four new films cracked this week’s chart, first off going in at number eight was Anthony Hopkins as the iconic director Hitchcock, doing better but not as well as expected was Warm Bodies, the zombie romantic comedy could only hit the number six spot. Into the top three we find British romantic movie I Give it a Year which hit the number three spot; this week’s highest new entry though went to the video game inspired Disney animated film Wreck-It Ralph which went straight in at number one.
10 – The Impossible – £351.193 – £12.751.395
9. Life of Pi – £462.559 – £28.098.112
8. Hitchcock – (NE) – £606.817
7. Lincoln – £809.196 – £5.916.579
6. Warm Bodies – (NE) – £895.509
5. Flight – £925.049 – £3.186.967
4. Django Unchained – £1.073.775 – £12.407.764
3. I Give it a Year – (NE) – £1.450.023
2. Les Miserables – £1.640.857 – £33.456.340
1. Wreck-It Ralph – (NE) – £4.526.386
New Releases – There are a couple of films out for your money this week. First off, to fill the void left by Twilight, we have Beautiful Creatures, instead of vampires and werewolves to go up against we now have witches. Your next film choice is romantic comedy from Judd Apatow, This is 40. The biggest release of the week and the movie that I think should go straight into the number one spot is A Good Day to Die Hard.