No matter how hard the new films have tried, none of them seem to have the might of the Avengers as Age of Ultron has managed to hold on to the top spot for another week.
After 18 days on general release the film has managed to pass the £40 million mark, making it the highest grossing film of 2015 so far and out doing both Fast and Furious 7 and Fifty Shades of Grey.
Despite no new film at the top of the chart, three new movies managed to find their way into the top ten, they included silly over the top action comedy Big Game going in at number seven, drama The Age of Adaline hitting the number five spot and the big screen version of the TV series Spooks with Spooks: The Greater Good hitting the number two spot.
Upcoming - The Avengers might have a bit of a fight on their hands this week with two different but equally as big films in the form of insane action adventure Mad Max: Fury Road and comedy musical sequel Pitch Perfect 2.
10. Two by Two, £293,915 from 433 sites. Total: £1,190,297
9. Cinderella, £327,653 from 495 sites. Total: £20,030,675
8. Home, £399,621 from 502 sites. Total: £22,644,534
7. Big Game, £535,905 from 352 sites (new)
6. Fast & Furious 7, £551,153 from 421 sites. Total: £37,728,810
5. The Age of Adaline, £570,386 from 368 sites (new)
4. Unfriended, £662,622 from 426 sites. Total: £2,794,074
3. Far from the Madding Crowd, £833,804 from 542 sites. Total: £3,588,881
2. Spooks: The Greater Good, £1,010,363 from 418 sites (new)
1. The Avengers: Age of Ultron, £3,509,620 from 565 sites. Total: £40,353,610
Avengers: Age of Ultron has managed to spend a second week at the top of the chart, adding just under $78 million to its overall takings, this puts it’s total so far in the US to an impressive $313 million.
Only one new film managed to find its way into the top five in the form of cop comedy starring Reese Witherspoon, Hot Persuit.
5. Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2
4. Furious 7
3. The Age of Adaline
2. Hot Persuit (NE)
1. Avengers: Age of Ultron