Well the sun seems to be affecting the takings at the box office as this week saw a 42% drop off from the same time as last year, however it will come as no surprise to hear that Despicable Me 2 is no longer reigning supreme at the top of the chart.
A total of three new films entered this week’s chart, firstly making an impact on the top ten was Bollywood film Bhaag Mikha Bhaag. On to the big two films of the week and going in at number three was Pacific Rim, unfortunately the film isn’t doing as well as was expected; with a budget of over $170 million a lot was riding on this to do well and early indications are showing that this could be a loss for Warner Bros. the highest new entry and this week’s new number one went to the disappointing animated prequel Monsters University, however it took nowhere near what Monsters INC took back in 2002 which grossed just over £9 million in its opening weekend.
New Releases - Only two films want to put up a fight this coming week, so if you want something new at the cinema then you have thriller The Frozen Ground and the third and final part in the cornetto trilogy The World’s End. How’s that for a slice of fired gold?
10. The Bling Ring – £76,540 – £348,269
9. Bhaag Mikha Bhaag – (NE) – £89,348
8. This is the End – £181,367 – £3,677,230
7. Man of Steel – £278,607 – £29,190,336
6. World War Z – £382,975 – £13,242,263
5. The Internship – £397,660 – £2,263,505
4. Now You See Me – £1,142,376 – £5,366,612
3. Pacific Rim – (NE) – £2,193,000
2. Despicable Me 2 – £2,225,543 – £27,082,903
1. Monsters University – (NE) – £3,463,917