Well nothing could move OZ the Great and Powerful of the top spot as he has managed to hold on for another week, not that he had much competition as this week’s ten films were down 51% on the films this time last year.
There were three new films in the top ten, however none of them made much of a splash. The lowest of the new entries went to the remake of Red Dawn which could only manage to hit the number eight spot, doing slightly better by going in at number six was The Incredible Burt Wonderstone. This week’s highest new entry though went to thriller Welcome to the Punch which hit the number three spot.
One quick note, one of last week’s new entries, action film Fire with Fire only went in at number 33 when it came out however on its second week of release it did even worse by dropping all the way down to the number 77th film.
10. The Guilt Trip – £157,016 – £814,530
9. Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters – £221,452 – £3,178,317
8. Red Dawn – (NE) – £255,448
7. Mama – £266,521 – £5,054,683
6. Incredible Burt Wonderstone – (NE) – £305,936
5. Parker – £308,335 – £1,229,889
4. Wreck-it Ralph – £426,343 – £21,995,949
3. Welcome to the Punch – (NE) – £460,250
2. Side Effects – £759,363 – £2,277,861
1. OZ The Great and Powerful – £2,609,465 – £7,683,699
New releases – you have a very interesting selection of new films on offer this week. First off is animated films The Croods which has done very well so far on its preview weekend, taking a estimated £1,7 million! Your next film choice is Identity Thief which was a huge success in the US and your final big film of the week is Jack the Giant Slayer which bombed on its release over in America. You also have two smaller movies in the form of action film Stolen starring Nicolas Cage and thriller Compliance.