OZ the Great and Powerful couldn’t hold on to the top spot for another week as it faced very stiff competition from a lot of new entries and unfortunately for the film it has been knocked off the top spot.
Four new films graced this week’s chart, first off going in at number seven was action thriller Stolen starring Nicolas Cage, hitting the number four spot was comedy film Identity Thief from the mind of the director of Horrible Bosses. Hitting the number two spot was Jack the Giant Killer, however it wasn’t all good news for the film because with a price tag of over $195 million it was expected to do better, worst so though it didn’t take as much in it’ opening weekend than last year’s big flop John Carter. The final new entry, and this week’s new number one, went to animated film from Dreamworks, The Croods.
10. Mama – £111,739 – £5,321,101
9. Parker – £137,027 – £1,578,781
8. Welcome to the Punch – £194,861 – £974,862
7. Stolen – (NE) – £202,373
6. Wreck-It Ralph – £236,580 – £22,329,961
5. Side Effects – £609,406 – £3,400,378
4. Identity Thief – (NE) – £1,313,162
3. OZ The Great and Powerful – £1,345,135 – £10,085,578
2. Jack the Giant Slayer – (NE) – £1,591,736
1. The Croods – (NE) – £5,372,290
New Releases – It’s a very big week for new films in the UK as we have three huge films released in the same week. First of is trippy thriller from Danny Boyle, Trance, your next film of choice is sci-fi action drama The Host, which is from the mind of the Twilight series’ Stephenie Meyer. The finall film on offer this week is big action film G.I Joe Retaliation (3D).