Ant-Man’s reign at the top of the chart only lasted one week as another property from Disney has taken over the top of the chart; the film in question is the latest from Pixar, Inside Out.
In more good news, Disney have become only the second studio this year to have a film in the top two slots of the chart, the only other studio to manage that is Universial, however they had films that took over the top three.
Only one other film went into this week’s top ten and that is the boxing drama starring Jake Gyllenhaal, Southpaw.
Upcoming - this week sees only two movies of any note released; they are the return of Ethan Hunt in Mission Impossible: Rouge Nation and buddy cop movie Hot Pursuit.
10. Magic Mike XXL, £276,204 from 284 sites. Total: £6,333,013
9. Secret Cinema: The Empire Strikes Back, £304,900 from 1 site. Total: £3,009,465
8. Bajrangi Bhaijaan, £407,634 from 87 sites. Total: £1,712,161
7. Terminator: Genisys, £490,889 from 366 sites. Total: £10,373,878
6. Ted 2, £729,103 from 443 sites. Total: £8,754,916
5. Jurassic World, £1,004,125 from 445 sites. Total: £61,500,833
4. Southpaw, £1,662,296 from 401 sites (new)
3. Minions, £2,268,007 from 580 sites. Total: £37,097,156
2. Ant-Man, £2,520,129 from 569 sites. Total: £9,616,486
1. Inside Out, £7,376,513 from 608 sites (new)
Ant-Man has managed to hold on to the top spot for a second week despite heavy competition from Pixels which went in at number two.
The other new entry in this week’s top five went to boxing drama Southpaw which hit the number five spot.
5. Southpaw (NE)
2. Pixels (NE)