Well, Everest and Legend couldn’t be moved from the top two spots in this week’s chart
The reason the top of the chart remains the same is down to the lackluster week for new releases, with comedy drama Miss You Already being the highest taking one out of the bunch, however it even failed to reach the heights of the £500,000 mark.
The only other new entry in this week’s top ten went to silly thriller Solace which hit the number six spot.
Upcoming - hopefully The Martian from Ridley Scott can give the box office a bit of life as takings were down 22% on last week’s. Other new films of note out this week include comedy The Intern and dark retelling of Macbeth.
10. Bill, £159,734 from 298 sites. Total: £446,821
9. Pixels, £163,732 from 319 sites. Total: £8,334,036
8. Secret Cinema: The Empire Strikes Back, £294,775 from one site. Total: £6,316,360
7. The Visit, £310,988 from 356 sites. Total: £2,568,239
6. Solace, £340,537 from 332 sites (new)
5. Inside Out, £423,331 from 520 sites. Total: £37,902,794
4. Miss You Already, £487,247 from 437 sites (new)
3. The Maze Runner: Scorch Trials, £1,150,888 from 495 sites. Total: £6,923,369
2. Legend, £1,812,808 from 563 sites. Total: £13,274,699
1. Everest, £1,996,439 from 598 sites. Total: £6,830,698
Unlike with the UK, over in the US it has saw a nice healthy increase on last week’s takings thanks to animated sequel Hotel Transylvania 2 which has gone straight in at number one.
The other new entry in this week’s top five was comedy The Intern which went in at number two.
5. Black Mass
3. The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials
2. The Intern (NE)
1. Hotel Transylvania 2 (NE)