Well it seems that the Croods is a much stronger film than first anticipated as it has managed to hold on to the top spot for a second week despite a bit of competition from one of this week’s new entries.
The top ten is awash with new films this week, five in total. Hitting the number ten spot is French mystery thriller In the House, one spot above that at number nine is the 3D re-release of Finding Nemo. Opening the top five this week was The Host based on a book by Twilight’s Stephenie Meyer’s, going in at number 3three was trippy thriller Trance from director Danny Boyle. This week’s highest new entry went to action (if you could call it that) sequel GI Joe: Retaliation which hit the number two spot.
If you are wondering where both Stolen and Welcome to the Punch are well they both fell a huge 86% to take a average screen total of only £250 each.
10. In the House – (NE) – £209,000
9. Finding Nemo – (NE) - £265,000
8. Side Effects – £347,000 – £4.11m
7. Identity Thief – £768,000 – £2.94m
6. OZ The Great and Powerful – £976,000 – £11.87m
5. The Host – (NE) – £991,000
4. Jack the Giant Slayer – £1.24m – £3.79m
3. Trance – (NE) - £1.59m
2. GI Joe: Retaliation – (NE) - £2.76m
1. The Croods – £3.30m – £10.61m
New Releases – It’s not a big week for new release as each one of the new films on offer seem to be low key releases. First off is a horror film from the people behind Insidious and Sinister, Dark Skies. Your next movie of choice is family friendly film The Odd Life of Timothy Green and your final choice is OTT violent film Spring Breakers.