Well it looks like nobody was tough enough to knock The Hunger Games: Catching Fire off the top spot as it spends its second week at the top of the chart.
Three new films went into this week’s top ten. Firstly, going in at a lower than expected number five, was horror remake Carrie, hitting the number four spot and also not doing as well as expected was the story of the creation of Mary Poppins with Saving Mr Banks. This week’s highest new entry and the new number three went to animated feature Free Birds.
New Releases - A couple of new films to sink your teeth into this week. The biggest release of the week has to be animated film Frozen (read the FTN review here), this is the latest animated film from Disney and it has been getting rave reviews. Other new films on offer this week is violent thriller remake Oldboy, action thriller Homefront from director Slyvester Stallone and thriller Getaway which has become the lowest rated movie of the year.
10. The Family – £188,835 – £928,487
9. Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs 2 – £211,562 – £12,095,055
8. Philomena – £289,860 – £9,788,671
7. Thor: the Dark World -£423,374 – £19,220,530
6. The Butler – £431,666 – £2,929,213
5. Carrie – (NE) – £662,625
4. Saving Mr Banks – (NE) – £795,615
3. Free Birds – (NE) – £1,044,074
2. Gravity – £1,741,279 – £22,522,241
1. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire – £5,525,476 – £21,711,143