Well it seems that nothing can move The amazing Spider-man from the top spot as it spends its third week at number one, only two other films this year have managed to do that, The Wolf of Wall Street and The Lego Movie.
There were three new films in this week’s chart, none of them however made much of a impact on the top ten, in fact the late Paul Walker’s Brick Mansions failed to even make the chart and could only manage the number 12 spot.
The new films in this week’s chart were British comedy thriller Plastic going in at number ten, animated adventure with Tarzan at number four and Paul WS Anderson tells his version of Pompeii at number three.
New Releases - It’s a bit of a strange week this week as one film will have been out seven days but is classed as a new release as its box office takings only count towards next week’s chart and that’s comedy Bad Neighbours.
On to the normal new releases of the week; you have a thriller starring Arnold Schwarzenegger in Sabotage, comedy drama Frank starring Michael Fassbender and the most important film of the year Hayoa Miyazaki’s final film for Studio Ghibli, The Wind Rises.
10 – Plastic – (NE) – £154,411
9. Calvary – £203,752 – £2,405,254
8. Transcendence – £229,178 – £1,730,623
7. Noah – £236,058 – £9,580,366
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier – £357,448 – £18,622,069
5. Rio 2 – £460,886 – £12,410,619
4. Tarzan – (NE) – £808,174
3. Pompeii – (NE) – £1,165,551
2. The Other Woman – £1,447,983 – £5,283,875
1. The Amazing Spider-man 2 – £1,984,667 – £19,772,238