Well, it looks like the reign of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug has finally come to an end thanks to one of this week’s new entries, the film sat nice and smug (Smaug?) at the top of the chart for three weeks, however along came American Hustle to knock it off its perch and claim the top spot for itself.
Other new films in the chart includes drama Mandela: A Long Walk to Freedom which went in at number seven, Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones which has scared its way into the number five spot and the final new entry went to comedy Last Vegas which went in to the number four spot.
New Releases – Two new films of note out this week, heavily tipped for Oscar and BAFTA awards winner 12 Years a Slave and comedy film Delivery Man.
10. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire – £538,493
9. Walking With Dinosaurs – £757,637
8. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty – £1,184,474
7. Mandela: A Long Walk to Freedom – (NE) – £1,472,500
6. Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues – £1,543,091
5. Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones – (NE) – £1,584,354
4. Last Vegas – (NE) – £1,811,695
3. Frozen – £2,922,721
2. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug – £3,200,972
1. American Hustle – (NE) – £3,467,644