The box office top ten can be a bit of strange place, one week we have no new entries and some weeks one film manages to stay on the top of the chart forever; however, this week has managed to throw up something interesting in the form of a live event taking the top spot in the form of Billy Elliot: The Musical Live.
Other new entries in this week’s chart went to comedy drama What we did on our holiday going in at number four and dark thriller the Equalizer hitting the number two spot.
Upcoming - a bit of a big week when it comes to new films as four movies will be battling there way to secure a high place in the chart. On offer is comedy horror Life After Beth, action horror Dracula Untold, drama from David Fincher in the form of Gone Girl and family adventure film Dolphin Tale 2.
10. Sex Tale – £265,384 – £3,818,138
9. The Riot Club – £301,607 – £798,254
8. Guardians of the Galaxy – £340,417 – £27,617,535
7. Lucy – £377,138 – £13,408,391
6. Pride – £400,247 – £2,260,720
5. A Walk Among the Tombstones – £603,062 – £1,921,010
4. What we did on our Holiday – (NE) – £811,087
3. The Boxtrolls – £1,130,062 – £5,511,949
2. The Equalizer – (NE) – £1,890,146
1. Billy Elliot: The Musical Live – (NE) – £1,904,098
Even though the Equalizer failed to make to the top of the chart in the UK, in the US it managed just that feat knocking last week’s number one the Maze Runner of the top.
The only other new entry in this week’s top five and the top ten went to animated adventure The Boxtrolls which could only manage to go in at a low number three.
5. Dolphin Tale 2
4. This is where i leave you
3. The Boxtrolls – (NE)
2. The Maze Runner
1. The Equalizer – (NE)