Well we have our Star Wars: Episode VII cast right, or do we?
Earlier today it was announced that newcomer Daisy Ridley was the lone female among the group of actors joining the franchise, which include Adam Driver, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson and Max von Sydow.
You may remember in June the casting calls that went out. 7 roles, but we got 7 actors right?
Well Andy Serkis is probably not playing anyone on this list, and there is a second female on it.
- Late-teen female, independent, good sense of humour, fit.
- Young twenty-something male, witty and smart, fit but not traditionally good looking.
- A late twentysomething male, fit, handsome and confident.
- Seventy-something male, with strong opinions and tough demeanour. Also doesn’ t need to be particularly fit.
- A second young female, also late teens, tough, smart and fit.
- Forty something male, fit, military type.
- Thirtysomething male, intellectual. Apparently doesn’t need to be fit.
Now several sources are telling The Hollywood Reporter that director J.J. Abrams has another substantial role to fill, and it is indeed a female role.
No further details are known at this time.