nerd radio

Tune in live Thursday from 9pm est

Disney boss says Kevin Feige is looking after X-Men in the MCU and Star Wars plan is being re-assessed

September 21st, 2018 by Marc Comments

Disney boss Bob Iger has been talking about all things Disney and movies in a new interview, but we’ve decided to focus on the two important parts that we really care about… Star Wars and Marvel.

Amiright?

So, with the take-over of 20th Century Fox by Disney earlier this year, everyone has been wondering how or when the X-Men would be coming over to the MCU (and, by default, the Fantastic Four) and it seems that, wisely, that is being looked after by the man who has led the MCU to the powerful franchise it is today.

“I want to be careful here because of what’s been communicated to the Fox folks, but I think they know,” Iger said, “It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn’t be two Marvels.”

In the interview he’s asked if Deadpool may someday be an Avenger and his answer confirms the ‘one entity’ he mentioned above is indeed Feige: “Kevin’s got a lot of ideas. I’m not suggesting that’s one of them. But who knows?”

So Feige is, to the shock of no-one, guiding the X-Men to the mothership MCU? Seems like a wise movie to us.

But what about their other big franchise: Star Wars? Wether you loved or hated The Last Jedi and Solo, there’s not denying that at worse they weren’t great or at best they divided the fanbase (for the record, we loved Solo, and hated The Last Jedi), so has Disney really noticed this?

“I made the timing decision, and as I look back, I think the mistake that I made — I take the blame — was a little too much, too fast,” Iger says, referring to the one Star Wars movie a year plan we’ve seen since The Force Awakens.

“You can expect some slowdown, but that doesn’t mean we’re not going to make films. JJ [Abrams] is busy making [Episode] IX. We have creative entities, including [Game of Thrones creators David] Benioff and [D.B.] Weiss, who are developing sagas of their own, which we haven’t been specific about. And we are just at the point where we’re going to start making decisions about what comes next after JJ’s. But I think we’re going to be a little bit more careful about volume and timing. And the buck stops here on that.”

Honestly, we’re not entirely sure what that means, but at the very least hearing Iger admit there’s been mistakes made is a good sign… now let’s make good Star Wars movies and let’s bring the fandom back together, as it should be.

Let us know your thoughts…

Source: THR

Let us know your thoughts below, @NerdFollowing on Twitter or on Facebook

Marc is a self-confessed nerd. Ever since seeing Star Wars for the first time around 1979 he’s been an unapologetic fan of the Wars and still believes, with Clone Wars and now Underworld, we are yet to see the best Star Wars. He’s a dad of two who now doesn’t have the time (or money) to collect the amount of toys, comics, movies and books he once did, much to the relief of his long-suffering wife. In the real world he’s a graphic designer. He started Following the Nerd because he was tired of searching a million sites every day for all the best news that he loves and decided to create one place where you can go to get the whole lot. Secretly he longs to be sitting in the cockpit of his YT-1300 Corellian Transport ship with his co-pilot Chewie, roaming the universe, waiting for his next big adventure, but feels just at home watching cartoons with his kids….