nerd radio

Tune in live Thursday from 9pm est

Ghostbusters 3 to shoot in early 2015!

March 19th, 2014 by Edwin Torres Jr Comments

Following the tragic loss of Harold Ramis last month, it was reported that the script for a third Ghostbusters film was being reworked. Now, Deadline reports that Ivan Reitman is stepping down as the film’s director and will help in finding a replacement as the studio targets an early 2015 production in New York.

The storyline is rumored to focus on a new generation of Ghostbusters with cameos from the original stars.

Ivan Reitman tells the outlet:

“[W]e now have a draft that is very good. That the studio is very excited about… It’s a version of ‘Ghostbusters’ that has the originals in a very minor role. When I came back from Harold’s funeral, it was really moving and it made me think about a lot of things. I’d just finished directing Draft Day, which I’m really happy with and proud of. Working on a film that is smaller and more dramatic was so much fun and satisfying. I just finally met with Amy and Doug Belgrad when I got back. I said I’d been thinking about it for weeks, that I’d rather just produce this Ghostbusters. I told them I thought I could help but let’s find a really good director and make it with him. So that’s what we’ve agreed will happen.”

Source: Deadline

Let us know your thoughts below, @NerdFollowing on Twitter or on Facebook

Born and raised in NY, a self titled Nerd Jedi. He met his destiny at 5, with the snap-hiss of Luke's lightsaber in Star Wars. He's never looked back. He wields dual lightsabers, called Common Sense and Humor, and uses them in pursuit of all things Nerd. A husband and father, he still finds time for comics, video games, movies, and shows. You can follow his blog at or his Twitter @ed_pool

Proudly Powered By WordPress