It was a very quiet week for new films with only two entering this week’s chart. Firstly, going in at number four was war drama Suite Francaise. The highest new entry of the week went to the latest Liam neeson thriller Run All Night which managed to find its way into the number two spot despite some very below average reviews.
Upcoming - This week sees an insane amount of new films with something for nearly everybody; on offer is the latest animated adventure from Dreamworks with Home, the second part of the Divergent franchise with Insurgent, quirky and grisly comedy The Voices, the latest beautiful animated film from Studio Ghibli with The Tale of Princess Kaguya, Jason Statham stars in thriller Wild Card, Sean Penn produces and stars in action thriller The Gunman, horror with Dark Summer and Canne-winning drama in Mommy.
10. Shaun the Sheep the Movie, £262,862 from 528 sites. Total: £12,728,442
9. Kingsman: The Secret Service, £292,368 from 289 sites. Total: £15,784,342
8. Big Hero 6, £387,905 from 487 sites. Total: £19,111,852
7. Still Alice, £419,327 from 201 sites. Total: £1,102,178
6. Chappie, £448,288 from 470 sites. Total: £1,986,686
5. Fifty Shades of Grey, £487,635 from 442 sites. Total: £33,829,335
4. Suite Française, £503,928 from 425 sites (new)
3. Focus, £805,244 from 435 sites. Total: £5,642,938
2. Run All Night, £823,833 from 436 sites (new)
1. The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, £1,409,311 from 592 sites. Total: £11,731,915
Over in the US and it seems that Disney has struck gold again with their live-action version of Cinderella going straight in at number one, beating the other new entry of the week, Run All night.
No other new film went into this week’s top five however last week’s number one, Chappie, did fall to this week’s fifth spot, dropping off nearly 58%.
3. Kingsman: The Secret Service.
2. Run All Night (NE)
1. Cinderella (NE)W/E 16/03/15