Last week’s number one, Fast and Furious 7, has managed to hold on to the top spot for a third week, taking just under £32 million so far; the film is on course to surpass the overal box office takings of fifty Shades of Grey which managed to end its box office run with £36 million.
Two new films managed to find their way into the chart this week in the form of drama A Little Chaos which went in at number seven and dark thriller Child 44 which went straight in at number four.
Upcoming - This week sees the release of one of the biggest films of the year in the form of Avengers: Age of Ultron, the superhero sequel should end the run of Fast and Furious 7 at the top of the chart as it’s predicted to make more than the first Avengers film.
10. Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 £288,975 – £769,133
9. John Wick £309,000 – £848,602
8. The Duff £326,000 – £1,217,691
7. A Little Chaos £330,373 – (NE)
6. The Spongebob Movie: Sponge Out of Water £364,000 – £6,901,814
5. Woman in Gold £367,764 – £862,276
4. Child 44 £505,422 – (NE)
3. Home £854,377 – £19,291,410
2. Cinderella £1.08m – £16,198,144
1. Fast & Furious 7 £3m – £32m
As with the UK top 10 Furious 7 has managed to hold on to the top spot for another week, taking just under $30 million and bringing its worldwide total to $1.1 billion so far after just 17 days of release.
Two new films did find their way in to the top five in the form of Skype horror Unfriended and comedy sequel (if you can call it a comedy) Paul Blart Mall Cop 2 going in at number two.
5. The Longest Ride
3. Unfriended (NE)
2. Paul Blart Mall Cop 2 (NE)
1. Furious 7