Pitch Perfect 2 managed to hold on to the top spot for a second week despite Mad Max: Fury Road putting up one huge fight with it missing out on the top spot by a narrow margin.
When it comes to new films we have to look at the number three spot where we find Tomorrowland: The World Beyond, the film hasn’t done as well as expected for a movie starring George Clooney and being directed by Brad Bird.
Other new films in the chart included bollywood movie Tanu Weds Manu Returns going in at number nine and horror remake Poltergeist hitting the number four spot.
Upcoming - Not a big week when it comes to new films as there are only two of any note; disaster movie San Andreas and comedy drama starring Al Pachino in Danny Collins
10. Two By Two, £129,263 from 453 sites. Total: £1,538,858
9. Tanu Weds Manu Returns, £174,938 from 59 sites (new)
8. Home, £206,394 from 454 sites. Total: £23,171,342
7. Far From the Madding Crowd, £220,456 from 271 sites. Total: £5,358,741
6. Spooks: The Greater Good, £299,558 from 285 sites. Total: £2,704,488
5. The Avengers: Age of Ultron, £1,067,076 from 493 sites. Total: £44,992,078
4. Poltergeist, £1,463,014 from 434 sites (new)
3. Tomorrowland: The World Beyond, £1,482,178 from 544 sites (new)
2. Mad Max: Fury Road, £2,639,888 from 563 sites. Total: £9,690,578
1. Pitch Perfect 2, £2,665,428 from 534 sites. Total: £9,769,828
Doing better in the US than in the UK Tomorrowland found its way to the top of the chart, however it failed to make that much of a impact with it only taking $33 million off the back of a budget of around $190 million.
The only other new entry in this week’s chart went to horror remake Poltergeist which went in at number four.
5. Avengers: Age of Ultron
4. Poltergeist (NE)
3. Mad Max: Fury Road
2. Pitch Perfect 2
1. Tomorrowland (NE)