Despite going straight in at number one last week and giving Tom Hardy his biggest ever opening for a movie where he plays the lead role, Legend has been knocked off the top spot by mountain climbing drama Everest which has scaled to the top of the chart.
Other new entries in the top ten included the Horrible Histories version of the William Shakespeare story with Bill hitting the number ten spot and comedy drama A Walk In the Woods going in at number eight.
Upcoming - not much on offer this week; however, if you’re after something new then there is comedy drama Miss You Already, serial-killer thriller Solace and drama Life starring Dane DeHaan.
10. Bill, £221,807 from 297 sites (new)
9. The Battle of Britain at 75 (concert), £225,942 from 287 sites (new)
8. A Walk in the Woods, £252,175 from 194 sites (new)
7. Secret Cinema: The Empire Strikes Back, £281,600, from one site. Total: £5,872,145
6. Straight Outta Compton, £298,142 from 380 sites. Total: £7,727,996
5. Inside Out, £437,014 from 530 sites. Total: £37,367,368
4. The Visit, £485,117 from 413 sites. Total: £1,994,800
3. The Maze Runner: Scorch Trials, £1,510,494 from 522 sites. Total: £5,186,272
2. Legend, £2,446,860 from 544 sites. Total: £9,972,511
1. Everest, £3,160,154 from 567 sites (new)
Last week’s number one, The Perfect Guy, doesn’t seem to be that perfect as the film could only hold on to the top spot for one week as the second in the Maze Runner series, The Scorch Trails has gone straight into the number one position.
Other new entries in the top five included climbing drama Everest hitting the number five spot and dark thriller Black Mass going in at number two.
5. Everest (NE)
4. The Perfect Guy
3. The Visit
3. Black Mass (NE)
1. Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials (NE)