Last week San Andreas managed to do better than anybody thought it would, this week however it has found itself knocked off the top spot by the latest comedy from Paul Feig, Spy.
Opening in just over 530 screens, the film managed to take just over £2.5 million in its first weekend of releas,e making it the most successful opening of any of Feig and Melissa McCarthy’s team-up films.
Other new entries in this week’s chart included Bollywood film Dil Dhadakne Do going in at number nine, the Secret Cinema release of Stars Wars: The Empire Strikes Back managed to hit the number eight spot even though it was only shown on one screen. The final new entry of the week went to the third in the Insidous series with prequel film Insidious: Chapter 3.
Upcoming - Only one film of any note is out this week and expectations are high for it to do very well, that film in question is Jurassic World.
10. Man Up, £141,170 from 306 sites. Total: £1,017,461
9. Dil Dhadakne Do, £212,719 from 74 sites (new)
8. Secret Cinema: The Empire Strikes Back, £304,115 from 1 site (new)
7. Tomorrowland: The World Beyond, £310,941 from 491 sites. Total: £4,758,221
6. Avengers: Age of Ultron, £341,491 from 389 sites. Total: £47,795,614
5. Pitch Perfect 2, £749,903 from 527 sites. Total: £16,084,082
4. Mad Max: Fury Road, £804,148 from 487 sites. Total: £15,573,726
3. Insidious: Chapter 3, £1,440,299 from 436 sites (new)
2. San Andreas, £1,794,747 from 527 sites. Total: £8,334,562
1. Spy, £2,557,824 from 531 sites (new)
Over in the US chart, it’s all change with Spy knocking San Andreas off the top spot, taking just under $30 million.
Other new entries in the top five included the big screen outing of the Entourage going in at number four and horror prequel Insidious: Chapter 3 hitting the number three spot.
5. Mad Max: Fury Road
4. Entourage (NE)
3. Insidious: Chapter 3 (NE)
2. San Andreas
1. Spy (NE)