nerd radio

Tune in live Thursday from 9pm est

Legend of Conan still in the works

August 19th, 2016 by bash Comments

movie-news-banner-copy

legend-of-conan

We were told a sequel to the original Conan the Barbarian was in the works with news first coming in 2012 but it’s been very quiet since then.

While production was supposedly meant to start last year nothing happened. But now word comes from screenwriter Will Beall that the film is definitely planned and he is actovely work on the script.

Speaking about how the film opens and how it fits alongside the previous two movies, he said: “It opens there. It opens with this [hand on the chin]. It’s where you have to. It’s the sequel that we were promised and never got.

“I’m 11 when my father took me to see Conan the Barbarian which you should never take an 11-year-old kid to. It was a life changing thing. It’s an unbelievable movie. It comes back to [director John] Milius, right? There’s nobody better and it’s a real movie. It’s a truthful movie. Chris [Morgan, co-writer] and I from the very beginning said there’s no reason to do it unless it’s a worthy sequel to Milius’s Conan and I think we’ve got that. I really do.”

Fredrik Malmberg, the film’s producer, revealed last year that he had acquired the rights to all of the original Conan stories by original author Robert E. Howard.

Still no word on when filming will begin however.

Source: Nerd Bastards

Let us know your thoughts below, @NerdFollowing on Twitter or on Facebook

Hi all. I'm Bash and love anything and everything to do with Star Wars. Although I've watched hundreds of movies, read dozens of books and played numerous computer games from other genres and franchises since, nothing has come close to seeing George Lucas' epic for the very first time. I hope you all like the site and come back often.

Proudly Powered By WordPress