Disney has confirmed that Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be coming out as a special 3D Collector’s Edition this November.
The four disc set will include a commentary track from director J.J. Abrams along with deleted scenes that weren’t included on the recent release in April.
The new special features include:
- A look at how sound technicians blend action with audio effects in the featurette Foley: A Sonic Tale.
- Sounds of the Resistance, another audio themed doc showing how the sound designers blended real recordings into otherworldly effects in the film.
- Deleted Scenes – While there were a handful of deleted footage on the original Blu-ray, this one promises even more “never-before-shared” scenes.
- Dressing the Galaxy – A look at how wardrobe designs from the original trilogy were retooled by costume designer Michael Kaplan to fit the galaxy three decades later.
- Daisy Ridley and John Boyega share a conversation in The Scavenger and the Stormtrooper, a featurette that was released only on the previous disc as an exclusive at Target stores.
- Inside the Armory – A tour of the various weapons and battle gear in the battle between the Resistance and The First Order.
The disc will be released on the following dates in these countries:
- Holland and Sweden, Oct 31
- Italy and Spain, Nov 2
- Australia, Nov 9
- U.S. and Canada, Nov 15
- Brazil, Nov 16
- Germany, Nov 24
No specific date for the UK yet.