Ever since Welsh film-maker Gareth Evans unleashed his movie The Raid on the world in 2011, it has a loyal and passionate fan-base who just love the violence, complex fight scenes, great characters and a plot that pulls you in.
Then last year the sequel hit and, although different in many ways, going down the route of The Godfather and introducing a complex story with many characters, mixed in with some brutal but exhilarating set pieces, it still grabbed the fans and held them tight while also gaining new ones.
Now Evans, who previously hinted that The Raid story was to be a trilogy and the third would follow the Bourne movies with the third taking place almost in the middle of the second, has told fans that the third movie is still a few years away via Twitter, saying: “The Raid 3 isn’t going to be happening anytime soon. Ideas in my head. Nothing written. No set date. 2018/19 possibly.”
That said, he still seems positive that it will still happen.. and that, at least, is something.
. @GundamFan4Life The Raid 3 isn’t going to be happening anytime soon. Ideas in my head. Nothing written. No set date. 2018/19 possibly.
— Gareth Evans (@ghuwevans) January 21, 2015