Last week’s number one, Home, has failed to hold on to the top spot for a second week as it had a lot of competition for the throne.
Topping the chart is Disney’s live-action version of their animated classic Cinderella which has taken just under £4 million in its opening weekend.
Other new entries in this week’s top ten included portmantau thriller Wild Tales which went in at number nine, fantasy adventure Seventh Son failed to interest many people at the box office and only found itself at the number seven spot (ironically). Comedy film Get Hard starring Will Ferrell went in at number four and rounding out the new entries was insane animated adventure starring Spongebob Square Pants, this time him finding himself being a Sponge Out of Water.
Upcoming - The biggest release of the week has to be Fast and Furious 7 (Furious 7 in the US), however if you fancy a smaller film then you have indie comedy While We’re Young, Russell Crowe directs and stars in The Water Diviner and the BFI offer us the final cut of sci-fi classic Blade Runner.
10. Still Alice, £169,144 from 176 sites. Total: £2,101,047
9. Wild Tales, £183,423 from 50 sites (new)
8. Focus, £293,243 from 296 sites. Total: £7,093,508
7. Seventh Son, £411,576 from 387 sites (new)
6. The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, £432,477 from 374 sites. Total: £14,477,633
5. Insurgent, £1,307,487 from 505 sites. Total: £5,154,451
4. Get Hard, £1,438,389 from 330 sites (new)
3. The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water, £2,262,498 from 483 sites (new)
2. Home, £2,601,755 from 546 sites. Total: £9,309,731
1. Cinderella, £3,803,799 from 554 sites (new)
The Divergent series: Insurgent seems to be under-performing compared to the first film with it only having the top spot for one week, the film that has managed to knock it off was animated adventure Home.
The only other new entry in this week’s chart went to comedy Get Hard which went straight in at number two.
One other quick thing to note about this week’s chart is that indie horror film It Follows finds it way, shooting up from the number 19 spot to this week’s number five.
5. It Follows
3. The Divergent Series: Insurgent
2. Get Hard (NE)
1. Home (NE)