So, a few weeks ago we were contacted by the lovely folks at Geekfuel and asked would we like to review their product. And, as some of you may have noticed, we’re quite nerdy here, so we said “absolutely!”.
And, like a child on Christmas morning, we waited for the postie to arrive with the little red box of goodies. But was it worth the wait? Well, yes…
Presentation-wise, the red box, complete with Geekfuel logo (above), is a wonderfully designed bit of work and certainly teases at greatness within.
So, once we opened the shoebox-sized container, what lay within?
Well, in our particular case we got:
- The first issue of Valiant’s Armour Hunters
- A Kitchenoverlord Eye of Sauron poster & postcard
- A C3PO Pez dispenser – with two packs of sweets (very nice, indeed)
- A Megablocks Halo figure – very detailed and well articulated for its size
- A great little deck of Princess Bride playing cards. Nice.
- The Launch issue of Geekfuel’s Geekguide – a nice little look at what’s hot in geek right now.
- And a pretty fashionable Geekfuel ltd ed teeshirt – 19 0f 300 was our number. Wear with pride, guys.
So, a nice little arrangement of items for the modern geek. But would you want this every month? It’s a tough one to call. Many collectors and nerdy types – like myself – are very selective at what they buy and collect because, well, life.
That said, I love the idea of every month delivering a mysterious little box of goodies through my door and for that, the appeal would be pretty big. Plus, with boxes from as low as just under $14.00, it’s hard to argue with the value.
So, what do we reckon overall? Well, it’s a great idea and the team clearly put their backs into picking out some cool little items and, frankly, we can see this becoming better and better as time and experience take the reigns.
As it stands, I’ll rate it 3 out of 5 Nerds but I definitely see great potential and can see it becoming an essential part of you month in geek.
Check out the Geekfuel site for more info, prices and ordering information over at www.geekfuel.com
And check out our little unboxing video below for a good look at the goodies…