Our second Star Wars spin-off news report of the day… well, we did say we were excited about what’s coming next.
After reporting earlier today that the new movie is looking for a strong female lead in the possible shape of Rooney Mara or Tatiana Maslany (here) it seems we have some more details now about location and plot.
According to the guys at Making Star Wars, they have sources at Pinewood studios who have given them some details on the next stage in the Star Wars story:
- Expect more on-location shooting than for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Crew members are hearing their start dates now.
- Many believe they are doing a lot of work on-location in Mexico for the first spin-off.
- There have been some Star Wars: The Force Awakens re-shoots going down recently at Pinewood using some of those people.
- Bounty hunters are important to the film.
- Painters are expected to redress some set pieces from The Force Awakens and there are lots of cost cutting measures like that in place for the first spin-off film. Most of the reshoot materials are to be saved when possible for this reason.
The belief is that the Bounty Hunters after the Death Star plans rumoured plot for a while back is pretty on the money… read that story here
Source: Making Star Wars